Reporting to the The Head of Training, the Full-Time Synthetic Flight Instructor (SFI) will be responsible for conducting pilot simulator and related ground training.
- Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Delivering Initial, Conversion and Recurrent related Ground Training for all pilot simulator courses.
- Delivering Initial, Conversion and Recurrent flight training for pilots on Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs).
- Acting as Subject Matter Experts for the development and maintenance of Courseware to support all pilot training. This is significant to ensure we maintain relevant and compliant training material.
- Evaluating and documenting pilot’s performance during training. Ensure accurate progress reports are filed on trainee progress.
- In coordination with the Head of Training, ensure suitable remedial training is administered, and tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Conduct and document the results of the required “SFTS” on the simulators and flight training devices as described in the relevant FSTC quality processes.
Each SFI candidate must satisfy the requirements specified in the DGCA CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS SECTION 7 – FLIGHT CREW STANDARDS TRAINING AND LICENSING SERIES 'I' PART II ISSUE II, 22ND SEPTEMBER 2014 EFFECTIVE: Rev 5 from 7th July 2017 regulations for the issue of an SFI authorization.
- Each SFI candidate must have at least 3500 hours of total flight time, with a total pilot in command hours of at least 1500 hours out of which 1000 hours should be on type.
- Previous Instructional experience.
- Should have been current in flying as PIC on the same/ another type of commercial air transport with a scheduled operator on aeroplane in the preceding 5 years; or,
- Should have been a simulator trainer on the same/ another type of commercial air transport with a scheduled operator or a DGCA/ ICAO Contracting State approved TRTO/ATO on aeroplane in the preceding 5 years; or,
- For a foreign pilot employed / engaged by an operator without FATA, functioned as a TRI/SFI on the type with an ICAO Contracting State for a minimum period of 2 years during the previous 3 years.
- The Full Time SFI Candidate should have delivered instruction on the A 320 and ATR 72-500/ ATR 72-600/ Q400 in the last 24 months.
- Relevant experience demonstrating the ability to prepare a lesson plan, interpret and present technical material.
- Each SFI candidate must satisfactorily complete training program for the type aircraft in which he shall serve as an SFI as laid down in CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS SECTION 7 – FLIGHT CREW STANDARDS TRAINING AND LICENSING SERIES 'I' PART II ISSUE II.
- Well-developed communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate technical and functional skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Candidate and family will be fully covered (spouse and two children up to 25 years of age)
- Transport will be provided for all training sessions.
- Interested candidate can mail us at email@example.com